Being the over-protective, some would say "helicopter parent" that I am, I left Mark a list of pick-up times, dinners, homework, and events. When I wrote it out I couldn't believe we have this much of a schedule, largely from the life of one five-year-old. We went to that five-year-old's parent-teacher conference today and allow me to brag if you will. His teacher said Miles told her his favorite part about school is "behaving" and that now her whole class wants to "behave like Miles." He loves school, and I love that he loves it. On the way home from the conference I told Miles where I was going on the plane tomorrow and he said, "You don't even speak Washington D.C.!" I love five-year-olds! It will be a long four days.
Our nation's capitol, and four-day mom stealer:
Speaking of being an over-protective parent, Mark got Miles this book at the book fair after parent-teacher conference because he said it reminded him of ME. I can't imagine why!
Then I read the first page of the book and about died laughing because it is SO me.

2 comments:
I love to come look at this page and laugh. Have fun speaking D.C.ease. Tell Elizabeth congrats for me and say hi to the rest of the girls!
Why did I not see that book "Scaredy Squirrel". It looks like the perfect book! I love your blog, it's so cute!
Post a Comment