Memories of Evan's cold-nose kisses puppy brought me to the old blog today. As I was scrolling through years worth of memories I saw the value in this mundane place.
It's been a full year since the last post. Miles is in 5th grade now - 5th! I remember 5th grade so clearly. It feels like the age of crossing over from being a kid to being a tween. Luckily, Miles is transitioning to this stage well. He wants nothing to do with anything little kid-like, but he continues to be the sweet responsible person he's always been. Evan is in 2nd grade. He had the most amazing 1st grade teacher, so I was worried about how he would do with a new teacher this year. He's doing well, and his best friend is in his class.
In March/April 2013 we went to Hawaii during Spring break. We went to Oahu and spent most of our time at lots of different beaches. Poor Evan had heat exhaustion the second day we were there, but other than that we had a great time. I could really get used to the Hawaiian lifestyle. We stayed with our friends, who were so gracious to let us overtake their Laie home.
Over the summer we went to Mesa Verde National Park. I had a few work trips to Pennsylvania and Seattle, and the kids did some running with me. Despite all of our activities and trips, the kids are happiest to spend most of their summer days playing with their friends.
And with that, maybe I'll try to update the old blog more than once a year.


No comments:
Post a Comment